Your FINAL homework project, “Debris”, is expected in class at a 50% completed stage on Thursday, April 30th. In a professional world, you will want and need to learn to budget your time wisely and bring projects in on time. By staging projects into manageable sections, you can begin to be a good time-manager. This is a great skill in business and makes you very employable.
Many of you have followed the stages for this project and therefore have a good chance for success with this assignment. A few of you showed me revised sketches, which is even better.
SCHEDULE FOR PROJECT (following a typical professional process)
- April 7-assign Homework IV-Flotsam and Jetsam/Debris
- April 16-you have picked your theme, collected your debris, set up your workspace and arrangement, and sketched 4 thumbnail drawings for review with teacher. Present in class.
- April 30-50% completed project due in class on the board; you should be half -way finished at this time. Feedback will be provided.
- Present project May 12, FINALS DAY. Our last class.
SPRAY YOUR DRAWINGS
In class, on Thursday, we will collect drawings for the student show. AT 10:15, WE WILL HEAD DOWN THE STAIRS TO THE BACK PARKING LOT TO SPRAY FIX ALL OF OUR DUSTY DRAWINGS. (At 10:30 we will be met by the security guard and he will allow us back into the building) Spray the graphite drawings and the charcoal drawings to fix them so that the dust does not fly away when touched.
STUDENT SHOW ART COLLECTION
Please provide one, two or even three samples for the student show. Be sure to write clearly: name, contact information (cell and/or e-mail) and Spring 2015-on the back of each image.The opening for the NCC Student Exhibit is: Wednesday, May 6, from 12:30 – 1:30pm, in the NCC East Campus Gallery. Prizes are awarded.
We will wrap up the Matchbook project in class, on Thursday. If this is not completed by the end of the session, you may continue to work on them and bring them in on May 7.
MAY 7, THURSDAY 2015
May 7th is the deadline for all work with the exception of “Debris”, the final project. This work includes an organized class portfolio (clean work, no tape, nicely presented), the 20 drawings/pages for the sketchbook, and all other work, which you may be finishing for the class.
- “Debris” is to be brought in on the final class date, May 12.
- Let me be clear-ALL OTHER WORK IS DUE ON MAY 7TH FOR GRADING.
In the final weeks of class, we will work on Portraiture and learning to draw the face.